Monday, May 7, 2012

Fine Parenting Moments

As the title of my blog clearly states - I am not a fabulous mom.  But usually I manage to not scar my children for life or yell at them to the point of tears.  Usually.

Yesterday I was talking to my ex (Boy's biological father), Reformed CommitmentPhobic, about Boy's altercation with Ninja Kid. 

Boy was goofing off in the kitchen so that he could overhear the conversation and Hubs was telling him to butt out and go away.  I wasn't really paying attention to either one of them.

I was busy loudly talking to Reformed CommitmentPhobic about how people were pissing me off and I couldn't get a straight answer from anyone, and all I wanted to know was whether or not Boy had started a fight at school and then came home and lied about it.

Reformed CommitmentPhobic was trying to calm me down (but not very hard because he doesn't have to live with me) and then I complained louder.

I'm tired of all these people telling me that Boy's an asshat!

And when I say "complained louder" you probably should translate that as "shrieked".

Anyway.

Boy came pelting through the living room in tears.

Fuck.

You think I'm an asshat!  You hate me!  You think everyone is right when they say I'm a piece of shit! 

Where does he get these hysterical tendancies?

Anyway - I told him that if he was going to eavesdrop that maybe he should eavesdrop harder so that he could hear the whole sentence.  And if he wasn't going to get the whole conversation but insisted on eavesdropping anyway then he should get used to hearing things he didn't want to hear.

Oh, and I told him he's not an asshat.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure they censored the "My Son's an Asshat" episode of Leave it to Beaver.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, but please note that understanding and amusement will result in laughs and replies while snobby superiority will result in later post fodder.